The Next Web plagiarized this article, was called out by the original author, and [the CEO] responded very poorly. (See the CEO’s responses to the original author via Twitter toward the end here.)
I decided to block all Google search results from TheNextWeb.com by doing the following steps:
- Log in to your Google account at Google.com
- Search the term “the next web”
- Click on the first result that comes from TheNextWeb.com
- Hit “Back” from your browser
- Click on the new option that appears under the same result from Step 3 that reads “Block all thenextweb.com results” (see screenshot via title link)
This works for other domains as well. I like to use it when a certain domain tends to return crappy results (e.g., song lyrics websites that contain an obnoxious number of ads).